Guidewire, Inc. provides support to Deaf/Hard of Hearing people with developmental disabilities and/or mental health concerns. These services are available in the Springfield and Pittsfield areas.
These services include:
- Individualized community based residential and day supports.
- Deaf staff who naturally bring their culture and communication to the people they support.
- Hearing staff who are proficient in American Sign Language and has received training on deaf culture.
- Access to additional Interpreter Services though Massachusetts Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (MCDHH) to include interpreters for Deaf/hard of hearing staff at meetings.
- Coordination with Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission staff (MRC)
- Homes equipped with adaptive technology/equipment to include VRS.